Terms & Conditions
The Paddle Across the Bay event team commits to providing you with a well organized, fun and safe event. Here’s your part:
Event: Paddle Across the Bay 2019. Saturday, February 29th 2020 (6am – 12pm)
Organiser: Across the Bay Events
- I understand and agree that my involvement in the Event is a potentially dangerous activity and I participate in the Event at my own risk.
- I acknowledge the Event involves physical exertion and accept that I am solely responsible for my own level of fitness and personal ability to participate in the Event.
- I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and that I have no medical condition that would prevent my full participation in the Event.
- I agree to consult with my medical practitioner prior to the Event if I am in any doubt as to my fitness to participate in the Event.
- I agree for the Organiser to request medical treatment on my behalf in relation to my participation in the Event if it is deemed to be reasonable and necessary under the circumstances.
- I understand and agree that the Organiser and Cancer Council Victoria will not be liable for any personal injury or death, property damage or any loss, damage, cost or expense that I may suffer or incur by participating in the Event, to the extent permitted by law.
- I agree to indemnify the Organiser and Cancer Council Victoria from any claim, cost, demand, liability or damage incurred by the Organiser and Cancer Council Victoria arising out of or in connection with my participation in the Event, to the extent permitted by law.
- I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages (known or unknown), property damage or loss of any kind, which I may incur as a result of participating in the Event, to the extent permitted by law.
- I agree for the Organiser and Cancer Council Victoria to use my name, image and performance in the Event, to promote the Event (and any future versions of the Event) in any form of media, throughout the world, in perpetuity. I waive any right to royalties or compensation in relation to any such use.
- I agree to follow the instructions provided by the Organiser and its authorised personnel at the Event and at any other day when acting as part of the Event.
- I understand that the Event is weather-dependent and Saturday, March 2nd been allocated as the Event day and it is for the Organiser to decide if conditions are safe to run the event.
- If the conditions for the Event on the allocated date are not safe (temperature above 35 degree Celsius, winds above 12knots and/or thunder storm), the Organiser reserves the right cancel the Event and/or modify the course/route of the Event.
- I agree that the Organiser has the right to withdraw my participation in the Event if it is deemed reasonable and necessary in the circumstances.
- Entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entry fee is transferable. To transfer your registration you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22/2/20 at 2pm and provide the details of the new attendee. The new attendee must sign these Event Rules. Entry Fee transfer can only be requested by the participant no longer attending the event.
- Entry is open only to those 14 years and over. Any entrants 14-16 years must be accompanies by an adult guardian.
- If for any reason(s) the Event has to be cancelled or postponed you will not be entitled to a refund of the entry fee or claim for any loss
- Failure to comply with these Event Terms will result in you being ineligible to take part in the Event and your withdrawal from the
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Event Rules from time to time.
- Any participant withdrawn from the Event will not be entitled to a refund of the entrance
These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.